Sunday, April 18, 2010

Have I done enough?? or to much??

I have 13 days left to train for the Ironman. I am very happy to see the end come of the long training sessions. I know others are happy about that too. The uncertainity of knowing did i train enough for this race or did I train to much. I am usually on the side of overtraining but I hope I am on the side of just enough! I am tired and ready to get back to the faster races.

I am in Vegas right now and just did the Rage Half relay. I did the swim and bike portion and Scott did the run for me. He also did the sprint race!! My swim felt really good and I was comfortable in the water. I had a lot of room the whole race so that made it feel just like a training swim. I came out of the water and took my time in transition and put everything on like I would in the Ironman. My bike was good. I didnt know the course had so many hills but ended up being the hardest ride I have had since biking. I kept my heart rate a little higher than i should of but due to just being in a race I had to pick up pace some. I didnt charge the uphills but for some reason I was charging the downhills!!! I was never passed going down a hill and flew by everyone going down the hills. I guess not having my speedometer working made me fearless!! It was very strange because I am very conservative going down hills. So overall the race was good. I now need my legs to recover so I hope i didnt do much damage!! I have two weeks left and am getting very nervous. My nerves are dealing with fear of injury or sickness. All this work and no pay off!!! I will die!!!!! I will keep you posted. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment